Contracts are a very important agreement that, when broken, can cause a lot of issues. Contact experienced Austin employment law attorney Daniel R. Smith to schedule a free consultation and discuss the various breach of contract remedies that could work best for your case. Call our office today.
Breach of Contract Remedies | How We Can Help
You have to do a few things before we can go up against the party who breached the contract. First, you need to prove that the contract existed in the first place. Second, you have to show that the contract was broken. Third, you have to verify that you lost money because of the breach in contract. Last, you need to be able to say who you are challenging about the breach of contract. With this information, Austin breach of contract lawyer Daniel Smith will be able to build a credible case for you.
The outcome of your case depends on your specific desires and goals, but we will ideally recover a full and fair monetary reward on your behalf, including:
- Compensatory damages
- Consequential and incidental damages
- Liquidated damages
- Punitive damages, or money given as retribution
- Attorney’s fees
Breach of Contract Remedies | Types of Breaches We Handle
There are several types of breaches that we handle. They include:
- Material breaches – these are breaches when someone fails to do something that was contractually obligated.
- Fundamental breaches – a good example of a fundamental breach of contract would be if you have found a new apartment, signed a lease, and show up to move in just to find out that there is someone else living there. Then you would be able to sue them for damages.
- Anticipatory breaches – if someone is not going to do what they’re contractually obligated to do in the amount of time they have been given, then you have an anticipatory breach of contract.
- Minor breaches – if someone were to perform a service for you under contract and it is not done to par that you have agreed on, but they still performed the job, you then would be able to sue them for a minor breach of contract.
Breach of Contract Remedies | Contact Our Office Today
If you need help dealing with a breach of contract, please don’t hesitate to call our office. We handle these cases frequently and successfully. Austin breach of contract lawyer Daniel Smith is here to help you with all of this. You deserve to have this handled professionally and quickly.